Cubisme | Exhibition Catalogue
Between 1907 and 1914, Braque and Picasso start a profound conceptual transformation in their painting and sculpturing : Cubism. Breaking with the other form of representation, Cubist work of arts have a new visual and tactile language.
Collaborative and experimental, many famous artists we part of this art movement : Braque, Picasso, Fernand Léger, Juan Gris, le sculpteur Henri Laurens, Jean Metzinger, Albert Gleize, but also the Duchamp brothers, Robert and Sonia Delaunay, andApollinaire.
The catalogue offers the keys to comprehend this art movement as an artistic manifestation, in connection with the social, political and economic context, and suported by the utopia of progress.
- Number of pages
- Number of illustrations
- Publication date
- 24,5 x 29,5 cm
- Sous la direction de Brigitte Léal, Christian Briend et Ariane Coulondre
- Éditions du Centre Pompidou
- Books, Exhibition catalogues, Monograph and art movements
- Art history- Art movements
- Pablo Picasso, Robert Delaunay, Sonia Delaunay, Fernand Léger, George Braque, Juan Gris, Henri Laurens, Jean Metzinger, Albert Gleize, Apollinaire, Duchamp